Zimbabwean Man Arrested in Botswana Over Major Job-Seeker Fraud Scheme
GABORONE — Botswana police have arrested a 29-year-old Zimbabwean national accused of running an elaborate international job-seeker scam that allegedly defrauded clients of more than P240,000 (US$17,500).
Evans Sivechere, also known as Vecco Lupa, was taken into custody on Sunday, 22 November 2025, at Sir Seretse Khama International Airport following weeks of investigation. He appeared before the Village Magistrate Court on 25 November, facing 11 counts of fraud.
According to the charge sheet, the alleged offences took place between October 2024 and 23 October 2025. During this period, Sivechere operating as Director of Diamond Migration (PTY) Ltd in Gaborone is accused of soliciting money from clients under the guise of securing jobs and processing work permits for positions abroad.
Victims reportedly submitted full documentation and payments, only to later discover that the job placements did not exist. The fraudulent opportunities were said to include vacancies in Ireland, the Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Finland, Poland, and Greece.
Police have indicated that additional charges may follow as the investigation continues. Sivechere has been remanded in custody and is expected back in court on 2 December 2025.
Assistant Commissioner Near Bagali urged the public to verify the legitimacy of recruitment agencies before paying for services, noting that fraudulent migration schemes remain a growing concern.
“Investigations show more charges may be forthcoming. We urge members of the public to remain vigilant when engaging employment or recruitment agencies,” Bagali said.
In a related development, popular Zimbabwean social media personality Madam Boss has issued a public apology after previously endorsing Diamond Migration’s services on her online platforms.
She stressed that she had no affiliation with the company beyond a promotional collaboration and expressed regret that followers were misled.
“I sincerely apologize to anyone inconvenienced or financially affected after seeing my promotion of the company. I do not support any of its activities,” she said.
Authorities encourage anyone who believes they may have been a victim of the alleged scam to come forward as investigations continue.

